All fields (from agriculture to tourism, including logistics, manufacturer construction, etc. ) are affected by the digital revolution that goes beyond a simple adoption of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). We need to understand how these digital technologies benefit each one of these fields as well as comprehend how each field contributes to a future development of these digital technologies, either in machine learning, data analysis, IoT, etc.
It is known that a successful design and deployment of a digital application in any field involves the understanding and comprehension of the context where the application is linked too. Often many experts in other fields than computer science, can get confused of all the possibilities they have a hand or they do not know what possibilities they have. Hence it is fundamental to offer courses that support non-CS experts to see the landscape of digital possibilities they have to enhance their own expertise in context.
The course start by offering a comprehensive understanding of the digital possibilities available nowadays taht can be used across different context. Then we follow by learning how to analyze context and with this select the foundations for a meaningful project. We continue our learning journey by gaining awareness of co-design methods to design systems that are meaningful in particular contexts. The process will help us to create common vocabularies between fields and understanding of concepts and tools between disciplines.
The course is for non-ICT experts who want to gain the ICT expertise to be applied in the creation of new system (e.g. mobile app, web application) in their own domain. The course utilizes a student centered approach and focuses on the needs of the students, to help them to understand how ICT will benefit in their field, build the meaningful vocabulary and concepts and gain expertise in the analysis of context.
- Gain a solid understanding of core concepts of ICT tools to be applied in the context relevant for the students.
- Acquire knowledge of the forward-looking technologies in the participants domain – artificial intelligence, remote sensing, crowdsourcing, and big data analytics.
- Understand how to empower smallholder farmers through ICT/digital tools in market access and financial services.
- Gain an expertise to analyze the context for different domains needed for the design a digital application.
- Professionals of any other area than computer science (e.g. tourism, agriculture, landscape specialists, museum curators, travel agents)
- Those with a responsibility or interest in the intersection of ICT, digital tools and agriculture across the world.
- No prior background in DAT is required.
650 € + VAT per person per course.
Maximum number of participants per course: 10 persons.
Interested participants are requested to communicate or send queries. Course sessions started on the first Friday of each month.
Group Registration has a discount fee 2 persons 5% off , 4 persons 12% off.
Payment with bank transfer
- Google tools
- When possible face to face meetings.
- Online Collaboration Software (for brainstorm, group work)
- Virtual Field/Laboratory Visits and Demonstrations.
Successful Candidate will be awarded with Certificate (attendance & completion) and Transcript.
- 8hr of online group sessions
- 8hrs of personalize feedback
- 24 to 32 hrs of learner individual work
Ubium has the authority to either postpone or cancel any of the training courses based on the circumstances.
Calendar of the course
The course starts in the last week of each month.
The participants who want to apply to the course, should enrolled before the third week of each month begins. To register, please email us at contact[at] ubium.net with your CV and a motivation letter indicating why would you like to take this course. Please write in the header: “Registration for the Context analysis for the design of digital solutions”
Once we process your email, we will send you the invoice to formalize your registration.
Describe the course sessions:
|Online group sessions
(8hrs) group participation
|Online personalize sessions
|1st session 2 hrs: Foundations
Part I. Build the foundation on
– the ecology of new technologies (hardware and software) its characteristics, selection criteria etc. .
relevant concepts in technology IoT, AI, Open Data, Digital twins, etc.
– Connect the participants domain (agriculture, landscape studies, cultural studies, tourism, etc.) to the domain of computer science.
Part II. Context analysis
– Understand how can we analyze the context where we will deploy technology for certain purpose.
|1st personalize feedback 1 hr
2nd personalize feedback 1 hr
Goal to assure the learner understand the foundation concepts and starts to have a clarity of what resources are available in their context to build a meaningful digital system.
|2nd session 2 hrs: Basics
Complex system design
UX (User Experience)
|3st personalize feedback 1 hr
4nd personalize feedback 1 hr
Aim is the learner will deliver a clear concept of what will be later prototype.
|3rd session 2 hrs: Prototype & Testing
Learning prototype tool Figma
Create a testing plan
|5th personalize feedback 1 hr
6th personalize feedback 1 hr
Aim the learner will create their own prototype that addresses the concept s/he wants to develop in a particular context.
|4th session 2 hrs: Final steps
How to evaluate and close up a project.
|7th personalize feedback 1 hr
8th personalize feedback 1 hr
Aim review the outcomes of the learner’s prototype and tests and learn how to conclude the project.